1. Information Management Policy
Contact Details Of Our Organisation
ConvaTec (Australia) PTY Ltd,
Building 2, Ground Floor
195 Wellington Rd
PO Box 63, Mulgrave Vic 3170
ConvaTec (New Zealand) Ltd.
369 Queen Street
Call and ask for the Privacy Officer:
Telephone: 1800 335 276 or +61 3 8562 1300:
Fax: +61 3 8562 1343
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Website: www.convatec.com.au www.convatec.co.nz
2. General Statement of Our Information Handling Policies
We recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our staff are required, as part of their employment contract, to protect information about you. This is our personal standard. Furthermore, under law your rights to privacy are also protected. The National Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act (NZ and Australia), the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (NZ) and general law place strict requirements on us to treat certain information you give us as confidential.
3. Collection and use
What information we collect
We collect the following information:
- your name and contact details;
- the names of medical products that you currently use or have used in the past; and
- other personal information (including health information) that you consent to supply to us and that we are permitted to collect from you under the National Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act (NZ and Australia) and general law.
Why we collect the information
We use your information to assist in:
- providing you with relevant consumer information,
- notifying you of products that may be of interest for other marketing purposes; and
- for providing value-added services to assist you in using ConvaTec products.
We may also use your information if you request us to contact your Health Care Practitioner and/or Ostomy Association regarding the use of our products (although in this case we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable particulars or other characteristics except in the circumstances described in the section "Other Disclosures" below).
If you do not provide the information that we request we may be unable to provide you with the services described above.
We may use your information for a purpose other than these purposes if you would reasonably expect the use of your information for that other purpose, such as product development, research and other related purposes.
We will not use your information for any other purpose, unless we have your express consent to do so.
Where we collect your information from
We will only collect your information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example when you provide information by phone or when you submit information to us through our websites (eg by email or cookies);
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- when legally required to do so.
When you visit our website, we collect the following personal information that you may be unaware of:
- your IP address and the name of the domain from which you access the internet;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site; and
- any other parameters in the URL, such as search criteria.
We use this data to better understand usage of our website and to determine which areas of our website users prefer (eg based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is used in log files and is used by us for statistical reporting.
We may also use Web beacons on some of our websites. A Web Beacon is a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) image or pixel tag that companies place on their Web sites to allow an Internet advertising or audience measurement company to help them analyse their advertising campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to their websites. Except as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement, we will not sell, rent or give away your personally identifiable information to any unrelated third party without your permission.
4. You may "opt-out" of receiving direct marketing material
We also ask you for some personal details so that we can keep in touch with you and so that we can tell you about our other products and services that could be useful to you. Please contact our ConvaTec Support Centre if you do not wish your details to be used for marketing purposes.
For persons based in New Zealand, we do not send Commercial Electronic Messages (as that term is defined in the Unsolicted Electronic Messages Act 2007 (NZ)) unless you have expressly opted in to receiving those Commercial Eelctronic Messages.
The contact details for the ConvaTec Support Centre are:
Freecall 1800 335 276
Toll Free 0800 652 882
To whom do we regularly disclose personal information
We may disclose information that we hold to related companies within our corporate group and to our contractors for the purposes specified above and on the grounds that they keep the information confidential.
We may also disclose information that we hold:
- where there are reasonable grounds to believe disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious threat to an individual's life, health or safety, or a serious threat to public health or safety;
- when required, authorised, or permitted by law;
- if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in, and the disclosure is a necessary part of any investigation of the unlawful activity or in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- if disclosure is necessary for research, or the compilation or analysis of statistics, relevant to public health or safety and in accordance with the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994 (NZ); or
- otherwise with your express consent.
6. Retention Policies
Any information that we no longer require is destroyed. An exception to this may be retention of the information for data analysis. However, if this occurs then the information will be retained in a form that does not allow you to be identified from that information.
7. Access and Correction
The security of your information is important to us. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
You may access your information at any time by contacting our privacy officer. If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our privacy officer. If you discover that there is an error or information is missing please notify our privacy officer and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use of disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you would like to talk to our privacy officer about this please contact:
PO Box 63
Mulgrave, Victoria 3170
P.O. Box 63 Mulgrave,
Telephone: 1800 335 276 or +61 3 8562 1300
Fax: +61 3 8562 1342
We will try to satisfy any questions that you have and correct any errors on our part. If we do not answer your concerns to your satisfaction you have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted on:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Telephone: 1300 363 992
(for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY: 1800 620 241
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
PO Box 466 Auckland 1140
Telephone: 0800 803 909
(for the cost of a local call anywhere in New Zealand)