Last Updated: September 7, 2021
If you are a California resident, please see our California Resident Privacy Notice for supplemental information and disclosures regarding rights of California residents.
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
- Registration and Profile Information. If you register to use our Services or request samples, we ask you for your email address, first and last name, date of birth, phone number, phone number type, mailing address, products of interest, medical history, and any other information we collect. If you are a healthcare provider, you can create an account to use the designated portal to request product samples for your patients collecting patient info as listed above, save your favorite kits for faster checkout, and track shipments. If you create an account as a healthcare provider, we ask you for your name, email address, phone number, phone number type, profession, area of interest, healthcare setting, and facility information.
- Payment Information. When you use our Services to make payments to purchase a product or authorize us to process a medical reimbursement claim, a third-party service provider that handles payments for us will receive your billing information.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, we may collect your first and last name and email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you send to us, and other information you choose to provide if you contact us with a question. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open or engage with them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Newsletters. We may collect your name and email address when we request your response to a survey, after attending a webinar we’ve hosted or when you ask to receive a newsletter.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, operating system version, and mobile advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, when you use our Services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, searches you conduct, pages you request, the websites you visited before using our Services, and the dates, times and durations of your visits.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. The cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to: helping you login (e.g., remembering your user name if you register or login); remembering some of your customized user preferences; helping us better understand how people use our Services; and helping us improve our Services. In some cases, this information will help us tailor content to your interests or help us avoid asking for the same information when you revisit our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Healthcare Professionals. If your healthcare professional requests samples or other information for you through our Services at your request, we may receive information about you from your healthcare professional.
- Third-Party Platforms. If you choose to submit comments, photos, or content to our pages on third-party platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube, you may choose to include personal information. In such a case, we may receive information about you, including your profile photo, name, and other information you choose to provide. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- Other Third Parties. We may receive additional information about you from third parties such as data and marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To deliver, maintain, and enhance our Services, such as providing information, samples, or newsletters you request, or to complete a transaction requested by you;
- To contact you about products or our Services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information about products and service offerings from us and of our vendors and service providers that you have requested or authorized, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as to alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products from us or to forward promotional materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you when you opt into receiving promotional messages;
- To personalize your experience on our Services, such as developing and presenting content that is relevant to you and tailored to your particular interests;
- To create data points relevant to our products and services;
- To send you text messages, to send you emails, to send you direct mail;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through our Services and use it for any lawful purpose; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third parties retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer information about you to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Access, Update, and Correction of Information
You may contact us to update or correct much of the information that you provide to us through our Services. Where applicable, sign into your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit the information in your account profile. Otherwise, please contact us via the Contact Us section below.
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, other government agencies or other regulatory authorities, and as otherwise required of us by law or governmental audit. We may also use the information to contact your healthcare professional to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving the use of any one of our products. You understand that in order to comply with the law, we may not be permitted to comply with your request to amend or remove information about you that was provided to us by a healthcare professional or a consumer regarding an adverse event or reaction involving medicine, medical products or medical devices.
Your Rights and Choices
- Marketing Communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing information or calls from us and other affiliated companies. To unsubscribe from our promotional emails or messages, please contact us via the Contact Us section below, email email@example.com, call 1-800-422-8811 or use the link provided in the promotional messages. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product regulatory issue, product/service experience or other transactions.
- California Residents. If you are a California resident, you may exercise certain rights by submitting requests to know and access the personal information we have collected about you, to delete personal information, to opt out of the sale of personal information, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. Please visit our California Resident Privacy Notice for supplemental information and disclosures regarding rights of California residents.
We make reasonable efforts to protect information from or about you by using physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, we cannot guarantee that our Services are completely secure as they are hosted electronically, and we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Additional Data Privacy questions can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post:
Convatec Group Data Protection Officer
Floor 7, 3 Forbury Estate
23 Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 3JH, UK